Tuesday, May 6, 2014













May 3, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . A Rare Sight Turkey Hen And Chicks (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
I Peter 1:18
For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors. (NIV) 
 
Thoughts
I missed! I can't believe it! It is the first turkey I ever missed! I shot three times at a huge Merriam's long beard (mature male turkey) at twelve yards. 

Afterwards, I was in the dumps. I just knew I would not get another chance. But three hours later, another long beard appeared! After a little coaxing on the call from my friend and just a little from me, he came in, presented a target, and this time the shot was accurate. 

My friend who called him said, "You redeemed yourself with that shot." 

God had given me another chance to fill my tag. He is the God of the second chance! 
(Jack M)

Action Point
I missed in another area as well. We all do. We miss God's mark of holiness. That is the definition of sin, missing God's mark. "For the wages of sin is death"--the bad news--"but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"--the rest of the story, Romans 6:23 (NIV). 

God offers a chance to be redeemed; and only HE would do that. He provided His Son as a substitute payment for our sin--mine and yours!!! Have you been redeemed? Has your sin been washed away? Will you enjoy eternal life with God? 

I received this offer of redemption as a gift from God when only six years old. He redeemed me. He forgave my sins. 

You may be redeemed by believing in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He will redeem all who come to God by faith in Him. Redeemed!!! A second chance!!! That is a great feeling. I was happy and pleased to have the second chance at that gobbler; but I am even happier to have the redemption that results in everlasting life!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Learn from the mistakes you make. Learn how to do it better next time. Go over the situation in your mind and mark well the lessons you can use when the opportunity presents itself again. In the field, every mistake may be turned into a learning experience.