Sunday, April 15, 2012












April 15, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Four Wheeling . . . (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 
I call Heaven and Earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them." (NKJV)
 
Thoughts 
From the minute we wake up to the minute we go to sleep, our lives are full of choices: 
  • Where to go. 
  • What kind of mood to be in. 
  • What to eat. 
  • What to wear. (What to wear is an easy one for me--brown pants and tan shirt; uniform policy). 
Sometimes I am sent to the eastern side of the state to help with the opener of the east river deer season. On that side of the state there are roads every mile on every square section of land. Talk about choices! Every mile I drive I would have a major decision to make about which way to proceed. It is nice to get back home to fewer roads and fewer choices. 
(Ron T) 

Action Point 
When you read this verse it seems like a no-brainer. Who wouldn't want to choose life and blessings over death and curses? Let me think about it . . . I'll take life!!! 

Before I became a Christian, I made some bad choices--choices that would have brought death. I thank God for putting people in my life who could help me get on the right track; then the choices became clear to me. I still mess up at times; but when I do, the Holy Spirit lets me know about it, and I can change my choice. 

Go ahead . . . choose life!!! God will give you many years, and your children will appreciate it.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
In my hunting pack, I keep a small camouflage Bible. (I'm not worried about game spooking from the color of the bible, I just like camouflage.) It sure is handy to have while you're waiting in a blind or taking a lunch break. They are inexpensive and make great gifts for hunting buddies or people you meet on the trail.