Saturday, April 28, 2012












April 28, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . I  Looked  Back  At  My  Blind . . . (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Isaiah 55:8-9  
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, 
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
 (NKJV)

Thoughts 
When I was twelve years old my father took me bow hunting and placed me in a ground blind about fifty or sixty yards from the main trail that we hiked in on. My father went deeper into the woods. 

After a couple of hours and no action, the sky began to show the early signs that darkness was beginning to set in. I remember getting a little nervous about being out in the dark by myself. I left my blind and decided to sit on the main trail, for some reason feeling safer for having done this. 

Ten minutes later I looked back at my blind and standing fifteen feet from my blind were three deer. Oops!
(Michael T)

Action Point
How many times as Christians do we find ourselves feeling uncomfortable in our surroundings and decide to bail out of our situation? How many times have we missed out on the blessings of what God has planned for our church or ourselves, because we get a little scared?

We serve an awesome God whose ways are much higher than ours. Don't let the people in your church limit God. Don't be afraid when God has you in unfamiliar surroundings. 
  
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When hiking make sure you are aware of any danger in the area you find yourself hiking in. If you are not sure, stop in at the local ranger station and ask. Read the signs carefully, especially the ones that say that you will die if you go beyond this point. In life there is plenty of physical danger, but in our spiritual lives we are always safe with our Protector guiding and looking out for us.