Thursday, April 19, 2012












April 19, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Many Of Us Have Seen . . . (WDFW)
Bible Study Verses
Luke 21:34-36 
"But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man." (NKJV)

Thoughts 
I had been sitting near the water tank for a few hours, with a cow elk tag in my backpack. Nothing had come in and darkness was near. As I grew tired and my senses seemed to dull, I suddenly detected the unmistakable smell of elk. It hit me in the face like a Mike Tyson upper cut, but I could see nothing. 

For several minutes I searched the areas in my line of vision, nothing in front of me and nothing to the sides of me. It must be behind me I thought. After fifteen minutes of waiting and the sun setting, I decided I needed to turn to see if it was behind me, even at the risk of alerting it to my presence. Slowly I turned and there it was, a large bull elk standing 20 feet behind at the edge of the tree line. 

Fortunately he hadn't seen me. For the next twenty minutes he stood motionless. With an extreme amount of patience and diligence, he slowly scanned the area for danger. His head moved so slow as to be undetectable, until I noticed his antlers where now facing a different direction. He continued this for the better part of an hour and well into the darkness.
(Brett M)

Action Point 
Jesus tells us to look at the fig tree. When the leaves begin to change colors we know that the season is beginning to change. He says that we will be able to recognize the season of His return in the same way. We will not know the day or time. But, we will know the season!!! 

Many of the signs He tells us to look for are all around us. Many believe we are in the season of the end times. Whether we are or not, Jesus instructs us to be watchful. We are to be like that elk and diligently watch out for the signs and dangers, to "look to the heavens" for His return. 

Many of us have seen the surprise when an animal steps into our line of sight during hunting season. Do not let that day take you by "complete surprise."

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
During rain or snowy weather place a small piece of black electrical tape over the tip of your muzzle. It will keep the moisture out of your barrel and will easily give way when you take your shot.