Friday, April 27, 2012












April 26, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Not Perfectly, But Straight (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
John 15:1-2
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.  (NKJV)

Thoughts
Last week, my boys and I were out in the backyard shooting our bows. I just brought one arrow outside and was shooting it over and over. It was tipped with my favorite broadhead, and I anticipated a good practice session. 

Time after time, however, my arrow hit in all the wrong places. I couldn't make it hit the same place twice. To rule out the thought that my bow was the problem, I brought out another arrow. It looked absolutely identical to the first arrow, but the difference was in the flight. It hit right where I wanted it again and again. 

To avoid confusing the bad arrow with the good one in my hunting quiver, I threw the bad one away. It was useless to me. The arrow that flew correctly was sharpened, wiped down, fletching and nocks checked, and placed in my hunting quiver. It was of great value to me. 
(Brian H)

Action Point
The call on each of our lives is to fly straight--routinely bear fruit for our God. When we don't bear fruit, nor respond to God's pruning to make us fruit bearing, we are of very little use to His Kingdom. 

When we are flying straight, God sharpens us a little more to make us ready for the hunt-- what He calls "bearing more fruit." God wants arrows that fly straight, not perfectly, but straight!!! He calls for arrows that hit right where He aims. If we are inconsistent flyers, we are of little use to Him. 

Let's purpose in our hearts to become what God wants us to be: quiver-worthy arrows that hit the target of His purpose just as He aims us.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Sometimes the part of your arrow where the broadhead screws into the arrow shaft can become bent and will affect arrow flight. You can't see the problem just by looking. Stand your arrow up on the tip of the broadhead and give it a spin. If it spins smoothly, then you're good to go. If the arrow wobbles, toss it or work on it to make it spin smoothly.