Tuesday, April 17, 2012












April 17, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . .  Working With An Outfitter Provided Knowledge  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 22:17
Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your heart to my knowledge. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Working with an outfitter during the summer provided me with knowledge of wrangling, packing and wilderness camping. Sitting around the campfire, listening to elk hunting stories gave me a little more practical knowledge. When there was silence around the campfire, I asked a lot of questions. 

It was time for my first elk hunt and for me to apply what I learned without someone looking over my shoulder. I hoped that my packs held together and that there would be no blowups.

We rode in approximately seven miles with no mishaps; set up camp, gathered firewood and hung up our meat pole. The next morning, the bulls were bugling. What an awesome sound!!! We managed to call in a nice bull. The range finder showed 241 yards. My partner put him down with one shot. We hunted a couple more days and saw some younger bulls. What a great experience!!!
(Tom L)

Action Point
Having knowledge in life's situations is very important. More important than having knowledge is applying God's wisdom to our lives. Read Proverbs, and compare the outcomes of those who follow God's wisdom to those who don't.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Have an experienced elk hunter help you with elk calls. Know what kind to buy, and when and how often to call.