Thursday, November 1, 2012












November 1, 2012 

Today's Photograph . . . . Hartshorne Drive on Sandy Hook Flooded (NPS)
Our hearts are heavy with the loss of life and homes. Our prayers surround all affected by the storms and weather. Reminding each and everyone, we have the choice to become bitter or allow God to make us stronger and better as only His transforming love can do. God bless each of you.
 
Bible Study Verses
Psalms 32:6-7
Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (NIV)

Thoughts
Hurricane season - every May, these two words appear in the headlines of every coastal newspaper. Predictions are made. Bottled water is purchased. Even so, when the surge and gale arrives all the preparations in the world won't deter the destruction of wind and waves.
(Will D)

Action Point
Destructive forces are all around. It is Satan season 24/7 and he is predictably present 365. A Category 5 storm colored red on the radar. But, there is good insurance for the onslaught. Zero deductibles and no premiums. Jesus took on the storm so we don't have too - our relationship with Christ is the only way to survive the un-survivable!!!

Check out what Jesus says in Matthew 11:28-30, "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly," (The Message).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Many people have been affected by recent storms from Sandy. I have seen firsthand churches and individuals helping clear the debris from nature's destructive forces. If possible, always consider financial or physical support for those needing a hand to recover.