Monday, November 12, 2012












November 11, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Old War Survivor (Fred B) 
Veterans   Day   2012
 
God Bless Each Veteran and Their Families!!!
 
May God Bless America . . .
 
Bible Study Verses
Isaiah 50:6-7 
I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
I did not hide My face from shame and spitting. "For the Lord God will help Me; therefore I will not be disgraced; therefore I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be ashamed." 
(NKJV)

Thoughts
My Uncle Quentin  is a survivor. At age 19, he was mortally wounded in the Battle of the Bulge and was awarded the Bronze Star for bravery. A young Army surgeon saved his arm, but barely.

Did my uncle quit, go on total disability, take pity on himself? No! Instead, he put himself through college and became a USDA District Soil Conservationist in northern WV. 

At age 29, He came to Christ and His new life began . . . 

National recognition came soon after, for his Elk River Soil/Water Conservation Project. 

After 30+ years of helping WV farmers, Uncle Quentin retired.  He then helped start a church; nursed his wife, my Aunt Joy,  through 5 years of terminal cancer. taught Sunday School at a mountain church, married a widow, and now helps her work a 50 head Angus farm, delivering 20 calves per Spring. He's currently fighting cancer at age 87. He's still a survivor!
(Fred B)

Action Point
The Messianic passage above talks of Jesus being a survivor. You say, "But He died. How was He a survivor?" 

First, He survived the world's worst beating--flogged, pierced, hair and beard ripped out, crushed under the load of a 100+ pound cross-beam, plus the load of our sins transferred onto Him, as He climbed the hill. Isaiah records Messiah's words, "I have set my face like a flint."

Second, He voluntarily laid down His life for us and rose from the dead by His own power. John 10:17,18, "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father," (NKJV).

Third, He is waiting to come back and take over His Earthly kingdom, conquering all other powers. Revelation 19:15, "Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God," (NKJV).

Just as I'm proud of my Uncle Quentin for his sacrifice, service to our country, and endurance of physical and emotional trials--so, we can be proud of the greatest survivor in history our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Prepare to survive eternally--call upon Jesus to be your Savior, the Sacrifice for your sins. You can't survive without Him.

Prepare to survive your hunt, hike, or fishing trip: parachute chord bracelet, first aid kit, fire starter, food, water/water filter, knife and sidearm (where legal), even for a day hike.