Tuesday, November 20, 2012
















November 20, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Headed The Wrong Way   (Fred B)
Bible Study Verses
Luke 15:12-16
The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.  "Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything. (NIV)

Thoughts
What's wrong with the above picture? Walking into a DC area mall last December, I stopped in my tracks! The beautiful, snowy forest scene was laughable to a hunter like me! 

Those poor whitetails had been assembled with the horns headed in the wrong way! Obviously, some city-person had messed up. I told my wife, "Those poor deer are so embarrassed about their horns. So, I'll help them out, by fixing their horns." Which I did!  

(Continued tomorrow . . .)
(Fred   B)

Action Point
The prodigal son was headed the wrong way. He had left his left his God, Dad, and family and went to a sinful place. His God, his Dad, and his family were heart-broken over his desertion. 

But, I, also, note that Luke records in verse 16, "...but no one gave him anything." Is that phrase in there for us? Have we seen someone beginning to turn? Did we see them heading in the wrong direction, but said nothing to them? Did we try to do something to turn them around? 

If your answer is, "No," then we contributed to his or her problem and not to their restoration. 

As a young hunter, I was tracking a deer, when an older hunter asked what I was doing. I replied, "Tracking this deer." He gently said, "Not unless you're trying to find out where he was born." Help someone go in the right direction today.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Drag marks (scuffed up leaves or dirt) are always on the front side of the track. Go that way!! The animal is up there somewhere!!!