Sunday, November 18, 2012












November 18, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Each Spiritual Gift Is Absolutely Necessary To Build Up and Strengthen The Church   (Cliff S) 
Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 12:22-27
On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. (NIV)

Thoughts
We were fortunate again to be drawn in an antelope area for muzzle-loading and pistol. After shooting a nice buck antelope last year with my muzzle loader, I decided to hunt with my 44 mag with a 2X pistol scope. 

Both of my hunting partners shot nice bucks with the TC Encore 308 at over 250 yards. We ranged an antelope at 180 yards, a good distance for the 44 mag. 

I was fortunate to hit the antelope on the first shot. Because it wasn't a killing shot, I tried to shoot it again. In the process I tried to steady the barrel too far forward and the gases took off the tip of my thumb. A broken thumb nail and seven stitches later, the doctor put the tip back together.
(Tom L)

Action Point
My hunting accident illustrated a good point. With the tip of my thumb out of commission, the menial tasks of buttoning my shirt and pants were very difficult. 
 
In our scripture verse, Paul uses the human body as a metaphor. Just as all of our body parts are necessary and have a function, the church needs all of it members. Each spiritual gift is absolutely necessary to build up and strengthen the church. 
 
If you are not sure of what are your spiritual gifts, talk to your pastor about a class called Network. It is a great study and offers an assessment of your spiritual gifts. Most importantly, when you find out how you're gifted, use the gifts to serve God.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The chamber pressure of some pistols can generate over 30,000 psi. The gases that come out between the barrel and cylinder on a revolver can do extensive damage.