Saturday, February 16, 2013
















February 15, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Let's Look at It Again . . .   (Tom B)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 105:1  
Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
The small group Bible study that my wife and I attend always begins each study with the question, "What good thing happened in your life since we last met?" Everyone is given the opportunity to share something from their life's journey.

After some personal introspection, many of the responses are, "Everything's good, but no particular instance of God's grace. Or someone will share a particular highlight their life last week; something big.

Ask a fisherman how his fishing trip went and his or her answer will be similar; it was good, or they will proceed to tell you about what they caught, how big it was, what it was caught on...lots of details.
(Tom B)

Action Point
Yesterday . . . was it just a good day? Recall what evolved just at the beginning. Got up, ate breakfast, kissed the wife and kids (if you're married), got in the truck or car, and went off to work.

Let's look at it again . . .
  • God gave me another day. "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever," 1 Chronicles. 16:34 (NKJV).
  • I had food to eat. "Now therefore, our God, We thank You and praise Your glorious name,"  1 Chronicles  29:13 (NKJV).
  • I have a great family. "I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High," Psalm 7:17 (NKJV). 
  • The truck/car started. "To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever," Psalm 30:12 (NKJV).
  • I have a job. "Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples" Psalm 105:1 (NKJV).
  • Maybe, instead of working, you piled the fishing tackle in the back of your vehicle and went fishing. "We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks! For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near,"  Psalm 75:1 (NKJV).
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Have a rod rigged up and ready to go. Along the Texas coast, the speckled trout fishing can be great at this time of the year. If I get a chance to wet a line, I have a rod rigged with a soft plastic shrimp tail or topwater ready to see action. I don't have to mess with it early in the morning in the dark. Cast and hang on!