Monday, February 25, 2013
















February 25, 2013

Today's Photograph . . . . What A Shame It Would Be To Not Be Able To Spend Eternity With Them In Heaven   (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
John 3:17 
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. (NIV) 

Thoughts
I don't know about you, but I hate being left behind from a good hunting or fishing trip. I left my son today at my sister's so that he could continue on his quest of the elusive white tail. We've hunted the last few days together.   But, my work schedule dictates that I have to be back to work tomorrow. His schedule is more flexible than mine.

The fact that he is out hunting tonight without me leaves my mind wandering and thinking about the woods. Although I want him to be successful, I really don't want to miss him getting a buck.

This next Spring, he is also going on a fishing trip up into Canada that I won't be able to go on. I have already thought several times about next Spring and how I know that the week he is going to be gone with me still here is going to just kill me. I love fishing in Canada, and I love all the good times we have together while we're there.

There's a longing that I have to be on these trips. I obviously love being in the outdoors. I love even more spending time with my kids outside making memories for a lifetime. I hate missing these moments!
(Dave M)

Action Point
From a spiritual standpoint, there are many folks who know the gospel and have heard it a thousand times, but have made no decision to follow Christ. Maybe that's you today . . .

Can I tell you that my longing to be with my son on these trips will not even hold a candle to what your longing will be if you don't make a decision to follow Christ before your time is up. Imagine never making a decision to follow Christ when all of your family members have. What a shame it would be to not be able to spend eternity with them in Heaven.

We all have to make a choice about Christ. Don't assume you have time to make this decision. Your eternal life depends on the decision you make - don't put it off!!!

If you have made a decision to follow Christ, step up to the plate today and share your faith with someone God has laid on your heart. Be a true friend and share God's story of salvation with them!!!
 
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The Lord has worked mightily through His amazing creation. Romans 1:20 talks of how everyone will know God through the nature He has created. Start the hunting adventure and the love of creation with your children early. Give attention, instruction, and time with your children as they learn to carry and master a BB gun as their first in the wild.