Wednesday, February 20, 2013











February 20, 2013    

Today's Photograph . . . . Always Be Prepared To Give An Answer To Everyone   (Ron T)
Bible Study Verses
John 9:24-27  
So for the second time they called the man who had been blind and said to him, "Give glory to God. We know that this Man is a sinner."  He answered, "Whether He is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see."  They said to him, "What did He do to you? How did He open your eyes?"  He answered them, "I have told you already, and you would not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become His disciples?"  (ESV)

Thoughts 
Are there mountain lions in Virginia? This is a pretty common question I hear from people. The official state answer is "No."  

But, I know people who have seen them. The people I know who have seen them are men who are extremely seasoned outdoorsmen. I also know guys who are extremely knowledgeable of the outdoors who have collected footprints of a large cat. 

So do I believe there are mountain lions in Virginia? Yes. Why because I trust the men who have seen them.
(Terry L)

Action Point
The man being questioned in the above scripture was born blind and Jesus healed him and gave him sight. This man was a living witness to the power of Christ. So imagine the weight his testimony had with people who knew him. 

I always wonder when I read this verse how many people he ended up leading to God through his witness. I have never seen a mountain lion in Virginia, but I believe in them because of the witness of good men. 

How many people can you touch in your daily life? "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, I Peter 3:15 (NIV).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are having difficulties in your outdoor hobbies or personal life seek out the wisdom of people who have knowledge and that you trust will guide you straight.