Thursday, February 28, 2013
















February 28 , 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Satan Has A Way Of Making Evil Seem Attractive, A Distorted Allure  (Dave M)
Bible Study Verse
John 15:5
 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing." (NIV)

Thoughts
We had somewhere around 40-45 hours of drive time under our belt. We started in northern Michigan, but the point to the trip was to get to Glacier National Park. Then travel North up into Alberta, Canada and through the Canadian Rockies. 

For the most part, the trip was now over in my mind. I found myself staring at the intersection of the Icefield Parkway, Highway 93, and the Yellowhead Highway, Highway 16. I simply stopped and stared. Everything in our trip up until that point had been either "headed out West" or "through the Rockies". . .  at this intersection, the rest of our trip would be headed home. The sign at the cross-roads gave the distances for both directions. To the West was British Columbia and the Gulf of Alaska. To the east was Edmonton.

To take the family hiking through Glacier National Park and the Rockies had been a lifelong dream. But, this intersection also represented the potential for another lifelong dream. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go to Alaska. Never in my life had I been that close to Alaska. I wanted to turn left and just keep on going. Never mind that I was out of time and money for the trip. The allure to turning left was almost too much to bear.
(Dave M)
Action Point
Life is full of crossroad moments. Oftentimes, the crossroad we find ourselves at are simply a choice of God's will for us or what we simply want. What we want may certainly bring us temporary satisfaction, but . . . what will it do for me in the long run? 
  • Will it compromise my relationship with my wife?
  • Will it cost me money that I don't have? 
  • Will it cost me friends? 
  • Will it cost me my integrity? 
Satan has a way of making evil seem attractive. In some way, shape, or form he's created a distorted allure. 

If you find yourself at a crossroads today with a decision staring you in the face . . . choose God. Through all the smoke and mirrors that our world throws at us, in our heart-of-hearts, we know what God desires of us. Choose Him and choose long-term blessing. Choose otherwise and don't be surprised by the fallout of your decision. 

God wants the best for you; don't be deceived otherwise!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When traveling long distances with a camper, make sure that you've greased your bearings, checked the brakes, and have the spare tire(s) ready to go.