Sunday, June 1, 2014












June 1, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . AZ Desert in Bloom  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good, a Stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
What's your back-up plan? I mean, what are you going to do when the weather turns ugly? Many of us try to prepare for this by listening to the forecast and carrying ponchos, rain suits, or warm clothing accordingly. We might even know where a barn or other structure is located,   something near our hunting or fishing areas that we can use for shelter In the day of trouble. A sturdy shelter sure comes in handy.

First, let's not get the impression that Jesus is our back-up plan. He is THE plan. As the old adage goes, He doesn't reside on a shelf only to be used when we need Him. Likewise, He's not to be carried in our spiritual gear bags, only to be used when trouble brews. 
 
Secondly, His plan is to reside in our hearts and to have a spiritually intimate relationship with us. Inside and out, He is our Rock, Fortress, Deliverer, Shield, Stronghold, Refuge, and Salvation. These are all the things that David sang about in the day that God delivered him from the hand of his enemies in II Samuel 22:2-3, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence," (NKJV). 
(Don H)

Action Point
Wake up every morning and go to sleep every night knowing that you are safely in the stronghold of Jesus Christ, your Savior and Lord. 
 
Be obedient to the opportunities to make a difference in the lives of people you connect with every day. 
 
When trouble finds you, thank the good Lord that you are already in His stronghold and that He knows that you trust Him.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Self-locking freezer bags are better than regular self-locking plastic bags as they are more durable and less prone to leaks. They can be easily carried and serve as "little shelters" for small valuables, ammunition, and even bait for short periods of time.