Thursday, June 19, 2014












June 18, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . It's The Lifeblood Of Serving Christ Until He Returns  (Herb C)
Bible Study Verse
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
When I first started really pursuing activities in the outdoors, I was amazed at how refreshed I came back from these events. Whether it was hiking, hunting, fishing, sitting in a blind or up in a tree, God would speak to me. Sometimes I read my Bible; at other times, a Christian book. There were points when I memorized scripture, or just sat and listened. 

It came to me that part of the reason for returning refreshed was that God used these outdoor moments to get a hold of my heart because I could hear Him. 

My daily life, like yours I'm sure, can be very busy and noisy. Noise comes in a lot of different forms, but it all has the same effect on me - trouble hearing God. Now as I approach my outdoors activities, I look forward as much to being quiet with God as I do the outdoor experience itself, simply because I anticipate meeting my Creator and having Him talk to me. 
(Dave M)

Action Point
We can't always be running off to the woods and the wild to get alone with God. We've got to figure out how to carve out time in our daily lives to listen to God's voice. It's the lifeblood of serving Christ until He returns.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you have a cold and you really want to keep the "peace" in the woods, get a cough muffler. That way you can cough without totally disrupting your hunting area.