Monday, June 30, 2014












June 29th  , 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Faith Is Believing What You Cannot See, and God's Reward For That Kind Of Faith Is Seeing What You Believe  (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 9:28-29
And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord."
Then He touched their eyes, saying, "According to your faith let it be to you." (NKJV)

Thoughts
When I am flying my airplane to Europe, I look down from 33,000 feet and see a cold North Atlantic Ocean below me. Here I am, sitting in the cockpit of an airplane that weighs 500,000 plus pounds, and I wonder why it stays in the air.
 
I know and understand Bernoulli's Principle and Newton's Laws that tell me how it stays aloft; but that does not give me faith that it will fly. I also know that, if the three engines quit, we just became test pilots flying what will soon become a submarine. Again, I understand all the principles that make it fly; but when I look out at the wing, I cannot actually see them at work.
 
It takes a lot of faith to know that something that I cannot see will keep this monster aloft. I heard a statement, or read it somewhere, and always remembered it: "Faith is believing what you cannot see, and God's reward for that kind of faith is seeing what you believe."
(Chris Q)

Action Point
Hebrews 11:1 states, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen," (NKJV). Faith is believing in something that you cannot see and cannot touch. Jesus tells us in His teachings to have faith. According to Matthew 9:28-29, by believing, we are exercising faith. I look out at the wing on my airplane and I believe that it will work. Seeing it happen is the reward for my faith. 
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
To be prepared for emergencies, Ann Southerland would make her students tie a bowline behind their backs . . . hanging upside down in their kayaks. Don't forget to check your emergency equipment and know your emergency procedures before you go afield. Also, it is important to take a CPR class as well as First-Aid courses.