Wednesday, June 11, 2014












June 10, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . I Felt A Little Inadequate In His Presence  (Ruben C)
Bible Study Verse
Acts 4:13
When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
On an archery elk hunt I encountered a young man one morning while "chasing" a nearby bull's bugle. When I neared the edge of a canyon, he was standing there, looking like he just stepped off the page of a Cabela's catalogue. His clothes were matching camo Scent-lok from cap to boots. He carried a state of the art cam bow, he had a two way radio with ear piece (dad and brother were spotting for him from two nearby mountain tops), he had an array of calls hanging from his neck, a pair of German binoculars, and he was carrying a portable elk decoy.
I felt a little inadequate in his presence I must admit. I thought; how do I stand up to a hunter like this? My bow is 14 years old and my boots were worn out on last year's deer hunt. 
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Paul and John had the power of Jesus on their side. They were his disciples and that was all that mattered. They did not allow themselves to be intimidated by the priests and Sadducees in their fancy clothes. They knew the truth, lived it, and preached it.
More important than what we look like in the field or what we look like or act like in church, is what we have in our hearts and if we walk as Jesus did. Read I John 1:6.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
One thing that finally hammered itself home in my mind on this year's elk hunt was the importance of wearing camo made of material appropriate for the weather. I found that lightweight polyester and poly/cotton blends were the ticket for my September elk hunt in the mid to upper 80's when sweat and body odor are your enemy. Check the labels before you buy.