Monday, June 23, 2014

















June 22, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . When Bottom Fishing In Deep Water  (Will D)
Bible Study Verse
Micah 7:19 
He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins
into the depths of the sea. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Like many of you, I've had some humorous things happen to me in the outdoors. I remember growing up in Ohio and fishing the Great Lake Erie. On one particular night, I made a cast that seemed to go out forever. Finally, my friend and I heard a faint splat. He turned to me and exclaimed, "I think you just hit Canada!"

We joked about me having to get a Canadian fishing license and other nonsense. It was indeed a long cast but in reality the line was only out a little ways. Night fishing, however, provides an open season to the imagination.
(Don H)

Action Point
It's no joke what God will do with our sin. When we confess it, He is faithful and just to forgive it and to clean us up. Read I John 1:9. He takes away our sin for good and forever. God helps us understand this in ways we can relate to:
  • He casts our sins into the depths of the sea. Or, as the psalmist sings, He removes our sins as far as the east is from the west, Psalm 103:12. 
  • When Jesus was nailed to the Cross, He canceled the debt of sin we owe, Colossians2:14
Jesus paid it all! If you have not done so already, confess to Him that you are a sinner and confess that Jesus is Lord. There's beauty in the Blood regardless of the curse of the Cross. That, my friend, is a wonderful view of salvation from this side of the depths of the sea.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When bottom fishing in deep water, place your sinker on a leader that is long enough to allow the baited hook to be suspended several inches. This will:
  • Minimize snags; 
  • Present the bait in a more suitable feeding zone for most game fish. 
  • Reduce the chances of losing bait to bottom-feeding scavengers.