Sunday, June 22, 2014













June 21, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Bass Tournament (Jimmy S)
Bible Study Verse
Ephesians 4:25
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully  to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
When I first read this verse, I was reminded of a time years ago when I fished in numerous bass tournaments. Back then, I really enjoyed tournament fishing as it was exciting and a great challenge. 
 
I always found it odd that, even after the tournament was over, some of the winners and others who placed well would lie about how and where they caught their fish. I had seen them catching their fish in a different way or location, so I knew they were not being honest in their explanation. I would think, "Aren't we all in this together?" 
 
Whenever I would win or do well, I also was asked how I caught those fish. On one such occasion, I was explaining to a guy, being completely honest with him, that I caught most of my fish on a crankbait, and the rest I caught on a ringworm. After I was finished, he looked at me and said, "So really Jim, how did you catch them?" I came to the realization that lying was not only wrong, but senseless, as they never believed me anyway! 
(Jim C)

Action Point
Years have quickly gone by since I fished tournaments on a regular basis. I look forward to telling people better ways to catch fish. 
 
I always look forward to learning new ways from someone else. In this way, when I speak truthfully to my neighbor and he speaks truthfully to me, we not only share information that is helpful to each other, we show that we are all members of one body.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Small crankbaits catch numerous species of fish. The hooks are usually very small on these lures. Try larger hook sizes on these lures to see which ones do not tangle or ruin the true running capabilities of each lure. When you successfully do this, the larger hooks will add casting weight and offer a higher hooking percentage for you.