Tuesday, June 3, 2014











June 3, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Getting Out Near Jackson Hole, WY  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Job 22:21
"Now acquaint yourself with Him, and be at peace; thereby good will come to you. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
I sincerely hope that impatience is not one of your traits. I say this because it is in my nature to be an extremely impatient person - perhaps as the result of being a spoiled only child, or due to my arrogance. Regardless of what other excuses I may come up with, impatience has affected me most of my adult life; and the funny thing about it is that whenever I pray for patience, God does not give it to me. Instead, He gives me a situation where I am forced to have it!

Currently, I am in the midst of such a situation - waiting for something - and by the time you read this, I may have my answer, though I may not. When the waiting began, I thought I would have it by this time. However, now I realize that I am in the middle of another "God lesson," and the outcome will be according to God's timetable, not mine. 
 
So, I am sure that sleepless nights and clock watching will result in what God wants. It took a long time for me to learn that no matter the answer, God's plan for me is always worth waiting for. He brought me to this place, and He will bring me through it! 
(Jim C)

Action Point
The outdoors is a wonderful place to develop a lot of different traits and talents that help build character, responsibility, and among other things, good ethics. I find it easiest to submit to God when I am outside in the midst of a hunting or fishing adventure. That's where I feel comfortable and more at peace. I see God in sunrises and sunsets; hear Him in every splash of a jumping fish, every call of a duck or goose, and in the cackle of a rooster pheasant. At those times, when I submit to God, the simplest of things become my biggest rewards.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Seeing a bass swirl to chase shade or take a bug off the water's surface gets my adrenalin pumping. Never cast on top of the swirl, but cast to either side of it. You will have a better chance of not spooking the fish, and instead cause it to react as it would to a so-called "wounded" bait fish.