Sunday, June 15, 2014




















June 15, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Daddy's Passion Was Hunting and We All Grew Up In The Outdoors  (Shirley H) 
Happy  Father's  Day!!!
 
Bible Study Verses
John 14:2-3
In My Father's house are many mansions;  if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
What an awesome promise! As believers and followers of Christ, we know what awaits us at the end of this life! If we think that mountains, streams, lakes, waterfalls, and meadows are beautiful here, can you just imagine what they look like in heaven?
Most of what I learned about the outdoors, I learned from my Dad. My Dad and I made lots of great memories together hunting, hiking, fishing, and cutting wood. I can still picture us waiting for it to get light enough to hunt, eating our sandwiches on the tail gate together, and just enjoying our day. 
 
My best memory, however, was when I killed my first elk. We hunted for two hard days, and it was the last day of the hunt. He picked where we'd go that day and sure enough there was a small herd. 
 
I know God just guided that bullet right through the trees. 
 
After field dressing the elk and using a come-along to hoist it into the vehicle (a great idea to lift the heavy animals), we ended up with a flat tire. We were exhausted by the time we made it back, but what a day! . 
(Rebecca L)

Action Point
Daddy went home to be with Jesus and we all really miss him; but I know that someday I'll see him again with my Jesus. 
 
I'd like to think that Daddy's mansion is a rustic log house with a rock fireplace and the view is unimaginable! 
 
Cherish your Dad today. Give him a call; or just go get him and go target practicing, or fishing . . . you'll be grateful for the memory you make. If your Dad is gone as mine is, take your son, daughter, mom, spouse, or someone God brings to your mind and make some new memories.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When elk are scarce you'll have a better chance hiking away from hunters and commonly traveled roads. Bulls will be at higher elevations than cows. Walk quietly and use your nose. Elk have a very distinct smell. Sometimes you can smell them or hear cows mew before you will ever see them. Be sure to use topographical maps, a compass, or a GPS in order to keep from getting lost while trying to find the herd.