Sunday, June 22, 2014











June 20, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Fires We Set To Light Our Path Usually End Up Burning Down The Things Around Us (Jack M)
Bible Study Verses
Isaiah 50:10-11
Who among you fears the Lord and obeys  the voice of his servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God. Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who equip yourselves with burning torches! Walk by the light of your fire, and by the torches that you have kindled! This you have from my hand: you shall lie down in torment. (ESV)
 
Thoughts
There are several essential tools needed on a hunt. Often one of those essentials is a flashlight. As I walk out to my favorite hunting spot in the morning, unless the moon is still out and bright, I often find that I need my flashlight to navigate my way to where I want to setup. I have hunted on the same property since I was a kid. I know it pretty well and can manage to find my way around; but I still usually end up needing more light.

There has been a time or two on an evening hunt when I have stayed out right up until dark, only to discover that I have neglected to bring my flashlight with me. Stumbling around in the dark can be a pretty nerve wracking experience, even for a grown man--hearing sounds and seeing things that aren't really there only because of the lack of light. You may be lucky enough to see a dim light in the distance and follow it out. Finally stumbling onto the right trail, knowing where you are and how to get back to camp certainly brings welcome relief!

When we are faced with darkness, we look for that slightest bit of light to brighten our path. As Christians, we have the ultimate Light for our path, yet so often, we still tend to stumble around in darkness. 
(Josh C)

Action Point
God says in Isaiah that we should depend on God and His Light, not on our own light. When we are dependent on ourselves, we often end up worse off than when we started. The fires we set to light our path usually end up burning down the things around us. Give even the smallest tasks or problems to Him. He will light your path and give you direction.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Don't forget your flashlight! This may seem like obvious advice; yet it will be even more obvious when you forget it. Flashlights have been improved over the last few years. Of course you have the trusty battery flashlight, but now there are ones that shake and wind so you never have to worry about being without light again.