Thursday, January 12, 2012











January 12, 2012   

anuary 12, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . A Good Bird Dog Adds Greatly To The Upland Hunting Experience (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
I Timothy 6:17
Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Does God care that we have things to enjoy? Will He answer specific and personal requests? He can and He will! Because He is good, He gives us good things to experience.

A good bird dog adds greatly to the upland hunting experience. I asked God for a bird dog, with a particular color phase of German Shorthair Pointer in mind. God gave me Regal!

My daughter adopted him from a pound. Regal was always hunting and pointing birds in her yard. They wanted him to be able to hunt; so she and my grandson gave Regal to me, fulfilling my prayer for a bird dog perfectly. What a gift he was! I asked for a bird dog, and my Heavenly Father gave me Regal so that I might enjoy him and pheasant hunting even more!
(Jack M)

Action Point
Give thanks to God for all things. Especially thank Him for the hunting experience. Thank Him for friends, equipment, places to hunt, the dogs, and the game itself.

". . . the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord," Romans 6:23b (NKJV). If God is your Heavenly Father through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ, He will give you things to enjoy. Be sure to ask Him!

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning," James 1:17 (NKJV).  He can and will answer prayers specifically and personally. He will give these things because He loves you!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Take photos of the hunt and of the game harvested. Take time to appreciate the beauty of these wild animals--a rooster pheasant, a majestic whitetail deer, a gloriously colored wood duck, a bird dog testing the wind for a quail--are all gifts from a loving and generous God given for us to appreciate and in which to take pleasure.