Sunday, January 29, 2012












January 29, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Follow Out The Tracks To See (Ron T)
Bible Study Verses
Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (NIV)

Thoughts
I came upon a fresh set of mountain lion tracks while on patrol this winter. I decided I would follow out the tracks to see if they would lead me to a kill site. I could then set up a trail camera to see if it was one of the radio collared lions we had marked for a research study.

I had a new GPS (global positioning system) unit so I marked the patrol vehicle as I headed across the snow packed hills. I went a few miles according to the GPS, but the tracks had not lead to a kill site and it was time to start heading back to the vehicle. The GPS unit showed the direction and distance back to the truck, but I knew a better route across a couple ridges and it would be a lot easier walk.

When I got to where the truck was suppose to be it wasn't there, somebody may have moved it.  They must have moved the road too cause it wasn't there either. I checked the GPS and from my new location, it recalculated and pointed me in a whole new direction. This time I followed the little arrow and after a short hike I arrived back at the truck.
(Ron T)

Action Point
It doesn't matter where you are, the global positioning unit will calculate from that location and send you to your desired waypoint.

God's positioning system, the Holy Spirit, will do the same, if you stray from His path. Ask Him for help. He will lead you back to Him from your current location, wherever it is.

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul," Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV). God's positioning system does not require batteries.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
A GPS unit is only as good as the batteries that are in it. If they are dead, all you have is extra weight. Make sure to pack extra batteries on your next trip. If possible, when you are shopping for gear that requires batteries, try to get gear that uses the same size, such as AA or AAA. That way you can switch them around if needed.