Thursday, January 26, 2012












January 26, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Dusty Creek Bottom Transformed Into An Impenetrable River (NPS) 
Bible Study Verses
Ezekial 47:3-5
As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep. He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist. He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in-a river that no one could cross.

Thoughts
I had driven this particular back road before that day. I knew that it crossed a "wash" that rarely had little if any water running in it. This time, however, there was water flowing from bank to bank.

I exited my truck and pondered the obstacle before me. Not to be defeated in my journey, I quickly decided to forge ahead. After all, this was only a wash with a little water. Soon I found myself thigh deep in the middle of a roaring river, attempting to find traction for my truck that was now mid-door deep in water.

Here in southwestern United States we can pass months without any rain fall; then abruptly have a torrential downpour--flooding the once-arid creeks and washes and transforming a dusty creek bottom into an impenetrable river.
(Brett M)

Action Point
Our Christian lives are a lot like the river described in Ezekiel. At first it starts out small and immature; but the further it travels, the more it grows. When we become saved, we are just getting our feet wet. As we grow in Christ, we wade deeper and deeper into the river of His knowledge and grace. Our spiritual life, like that river, will be ever growing and ever deepening.

Make sure that life never allows us to get bogged down. Daily stresses or unforeseen circumstances can stall our spiritual growth. Develop a daily habit of spending time with God. Read Sportsmen's Devotional every day, dig deeper into GOD's Living Word, and use that time to grow spiritually. Then, when unexpected obstacles arise in our lives, we will have a stable practice of devotion and a knowledge of God's Biblical instruction that will keep us from getting stuck.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
It only takes six inches of flowing water to wash away a full-sized car. If you come to a river or wash that you think you cannot cross, you probably can't. Find a shallower place or turn around. This may just take you someplace you have never been.