Thursday, January 5, 2012












January 5, 2015   

Today's Photograph . . . . The Road Ahead, Make This The Best Year Of Your Life (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Philippians 3:13
 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. (NIV)

Thoughts
As I begin a new year I sit down to take inventory on the victories, bumps, bruises, heartaches, and accomplishments of the past year and gaze into the next. What a great verse to chew on. Take up Paul's challenge to put the past where it belongs and move forward.

I think about the three really nice whitetail bucks that got past me this year, and about all the work I didn't put in to harvest them. I am already looking forward to another chance to go back out there and try again when next season rolls around.

So much more important than that, I am taking a spiritual inventory; and entering a new year of goals, dreams, and priorities for my life over the next 12 months. Where do you hope to be next year in your maturity and development in your walk with God? What is it that you need to put behind you?
(Glen D)

Action Point
Take some moments; write some goals with respect to your faith, family, finances, and fitness. I call this the "4F brand" in my ministry. If this is new for you, write down one goal in each area that you want to see happen this year.

Forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead. Make this the best year of your life!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Before you hang that bow up or clean the gun off, go out and take some practice rounds. It will be good to see where your arrow or bullet is hitting. I have seen too many folks grab the bow or gun and head out without knowing if they will even come close to hitting where they want to.