Tuesday, January 14, 2014















January 14, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . God Will Bless Honesty. Telling Tall Tales Is Lying, And Your Sin Will Find You Out (Ruben C)
Bible Study Verses
Acts 4:36-37
Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means "son of encouragement"), sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet. (NIV)
 
Acts 5:1-5 
Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles' feet. Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?  Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God." When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. (NIV)
   
Thoughts
This last deer season I shot a nice muley buck. He was big! His brow tines alone were over 6" long! I made a long shot on him too. It was about 360 yards. I tracked him for what seemed forever before I made that amazing shot.

Okay, the whole truth is, I did indeed shot a muley buck. He had about 8"spikes, and the shot I made was only 80 yards. I shot him 360 yards from where I parked my truck though, and I did actually track him. The shortest tracking of an animal I ever did. 
(Ruben C)

Action Point
The first part of my story leads you to believe I probably shot a trophy muley t at 360 yards that was so big he had 6" brow tines. And all that after I tracked him for miles probably. We can embellish the truth to the point that we're pretty much lying. We hear impressive hunting stories and we want ours to stack up too. 
 
Ananias kind of did that. He probably heard about Joseph the Levite selling a field and putting his money at the apostles feet, so he and Sapphira wanted to look good too. They should have been honest though. 
 
God will bless honesty. Telling tall tales is lying, and your sin will find you out (Num 32:23). 
 
Hunting my little buck was fun and the real story was entertaining- no embellishment needed! Remember that men, next time you share a big buck or big fish story, you'll be respected all the more for it!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
It's all in the posing. I've seen some of the nicest trophies photographed in such disarray as to make the viewer wonder, "Why bother?" Remember to put the tongue in the mouth (the animals!), wipe away excess blood and move away from blood on the ground if possible. I forgot my camera and took this picture with my smart phone propped up on my hunting pack. I love to honor even seemingly insignificant hunts with a good picture. This hunt was done with a special rifle on my only day to hunt. It will bring back memories for a lifetime.