Sunday, January 19, 2014













January  17, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . A Season To Dream On The Ocqueoc River, MI  (Dave M)
Bible Study Verses
John 14:2-3 
My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (NIV)

Thoughts
One of the things that keep me going during the long Northern Michigan winter months is planning. I enjoy the winter activities, but I also enjoy sitting by our fireplace with an outdoor's magazine in hand just daydreaming about possible adventures that I could take with my family. 

I'll check out new hiking trails, equipments needs for various adventures, and the costs of possible trips. You get the idea, basic daydreaming. What happens when I am doing research like this is a feeling of anticipation that wells up in my soul. I just love putting these trips together and the thought of going is just about as exciting as actually taking the trip. The anticipation makes the cold winter months just fly by! 
(Dave M)
Action Point
Jesus is going to come back some day - could be very soon or later on. No one really knows the day or the hour. However, the timing shouldn't matter. We should eagerly be looking forward to the day that He comes back to claim what is rightfully His. Will he do it? Yes, he will. 

Don't be caught off guard. Live your life anticipating His return! We only have a limited number of days on this Earth - make them count for eternity.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When planning a trip, see if you can find a way to double dip on the experience to get more for your money. Many "fishing camps" in Canada will also have bear hunts, moose hunts, or bird hunts in the late Summer or early Fall. Instead of just taking a fishing trip, why not wait until late August to do both? Fish in the morning and hunt in the afternoon! Now that's a great way to spend a day!!!