Monday, January 27, 2014






















January  25, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Junior, My Faithful Hunting Bud (Jay C) 
Bible Study Verses
Psalm 123:1-2 
Unto You I lift up my eyes, O You who dwell in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the Lord our God, until He has mercy on us. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I was helping move some boxes from the garage to an unfinished second floor directly above. While up there, I heard everyone below getting amused at Junior, my German Shorthair Pointer trying to find me. I noticed an opening which allowed me to look down through the floor into the garage and call his name. 

He was quite perplexed to say the least as he could hear my voice yet no matter how diligently he searched the places he had seen me before I could not be found. It did not occur to him to look up no matter how hard or loud I called his name; when he finally did . . . he found me. He still couldn't get to me, but I came down to him.
(Jay C)
Action Point
It occurs to me that too often we respond the same way. No matter His call, though we hear the voice of our Father, we respond in the same way we always have. We invest our efforts in all the familiar places while working ourselves into a frenzy, and it never occurs to us to look up. 

How incredible is it that our Father responds with such amazing grace. That when we didn't know to look up before the thought could have even entered our heads, He came down to us.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
During the winter months, it is particularly pro-active to have with you a lightly oiled cloth to quickly wipe down your firearm in-between hunts. The change from cold air outside to warm air inside can be problematic to barrels, receivers and stocks, but protected easily by wiping down your firearm consistently throughout and at the end of the day.