Saturday, January 11, 2014













January  9, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Chickens - 1, Coyotes - 0  (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
1 Thessalonians 5:1
Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
A few weeks ago I was at the hitch rail outside our tack room trimming the feet on my daughter's horse. My wife and daughter were standing nearby inspecting one of our other horses when we heard a bunch of our chickens raise a commotion from within our horse corrals just out of view behind our feed shed. 
 
All of a sudden a flock of chickens came running (for their lives apparently) toward us and right in the middle of them was a coyote! He caught a chicken not 20 feet from me and ran off as I yelled, "Coyote!" unnecessarily. It apparently scared the coyote into dropping the *chicken. 
 
He ran away as I ran into our house for a small caliber rifle then ran outside again with my oldest daughter in chase to see him sitting in the desert about 80 yards away looking somewhat disappointed. I took a knee as he got up to run and I let him have it. He had his last chance at a meal, ever.
SCORE: Chickens- 1, Coyotes- 0
(Ruben C)

Action Point
This little adventure happened at about 3 pm on a nice sunny day. Who would've thought? I always assumed the coyotes preferred to come in for their thievery at night, but lesson learned.

I have heard many people theorize on the end of the world and the coming of Christ. It hasn't happened yet! But, I'm sure it will, just as I'm sure I do not know when that day will be. 
 
The scriptures tell us to be awake and sober and wear our salvation as a helmet Read 1 Thessalonians  5. We need to be prepared in day and night for the coming of the Lord or possibly most likely us going to meet the Lord. 
 
We may not have the advantage of knowing when that moment will be and we do not need to pack for the trip, but we need to be right with the Lord at all times as it's not a one-time situation, although it is a one-time promise, amen? 
 
I had a rifle prepared that day in case a coyote came calling at any time. Am I prepared for the Lord the same way? How about you?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Calling and shooting coyotes is exciting fun for anyone to enjoy. In southern Arizona I have found the early mornings the best for using both rabbit distress calls and howlers. Electronics are also fun, but there's a certain satisfaction in fooling a dog with a mouth call! Either way, both are fun.

*no chickens were injured in the making of this adventure