Tuesday, January 14, 2014












January  11, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . It Is Always Because I Have Left The Safety Of The Lord  (MQ?) 
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 63:1 
O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns  for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (NASB)
 
Thoughts
Most of my adult life has been spent in desert environs in a land where there is no water. This was not always the case. I was born and raised in Pennsylvania where there is an abundance of water. There were so many good fishing spots that your biggest problem was deciding which lake or stream or river to go to! 
 
I can remember so vividly the first trip back home after living for many years in the desert. Green! You just wanted to try and drink in all the green! It felt so good to the eyes just to see all that luscious green. 
 
Much of the Middle East and of course Israel is a dry and weary land where there is no water. David was thoroughly familiar with these barren spaces and how they can zap the soul right out of you. He had no air conditioning, no refrigerator to go get a cold glass of water from and no ice cubes! He really understood thirst when he said, "My soul thirsts for you, my flesh yearns for you." 
(Dave H)

Action Point
Have you ever felt the way David did? How you almost feel physically weak and sick because of the need for God in your life? You feel like you are lost in a desert with no water, wandering aimlessly, and trying to find something to drink before you expire. The sun is beating down on you with no relief, no shade, and no shelter. 
 
I have been in the literal desert extremely hot and thirsty. I have also been in that dry and weary spiritual place. In the latter case, it is always because I have left the safety of the Lord, never because He has left me. 
 
Run after the Lord! Drink Him in like a glass of refreshing water. Taste and see that He is good!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When doing your dishes while out camping or hunting, add a few drops of Clorox to your rinse water. This will kill most of the parasites that cause "the runs." After washing, just soak your dishes in the rinse water, dry, and put away. No one ever wants that kind of a problem and especially not on an outdoor outing!