Friday, January 11, 2013















January 10, 2013  

Today's Photograph . . . . When That Tom Decides To Go It Alone and Remove Himself A Distance From The Group Is When . . . . (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
I John 1:6  
If we claim to have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
As I prepare for this upcoming turkey season, I've been thinking about the number of times I've had to wait to get a good shot off at the tom that I wanted. Often times, the turkeys are so close in their group, that I can't get to the bird that I want because they are blocked or covered up by one of the other birds. 
 
When that tom decides to go it alone and remove himself a distance from the group is when I'm able to pick him off.
(Dave M)

Action Point
In a spiritual sense, I believe that Satan loves it when we remove ourselves from consistent fellowship with other believers. 
 
Whether we recognize it or not, God often protects us and covers us with the encouragement or spiritual food we receive from other believers. Their words and friendship are often what keeps us from being picked off by Satan. 
 
As long as we're in the flock, we're okay. But as soon as we decide to go it alone, we've just put ourselves in a dangerous position. 
 
No church is perfect - that's for sure!!! But it is God's design for us to be in fellowship with other believers, so that we can help strengthen each other along this life's journey. Make sure you are in fellowship with other believers who can hold you accountable and build your family and you up in the faith.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Try using a mouth call instead of a box or slate call. Keeping your hands free gives you an advantage in shooting your desired bird.