Thursday, January 17, 2013















January 17, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . It Won't Do You Any Good . . . If You Don't . . . (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 6:19-20  
We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a Forerunner on our behalf, having become a High Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. (ESV)

Thoughts
I am not a big fan of heights so you can just imagine how cautious I am when it comes to tree stand safety. The first few times I went up a tree in my climbing stand I moved with caution and always made sure I had my harness on and that I was connected to the tree. I am a big guy and to think that my life relied on a small piece of rope around a tree was not comforting. 

On a few occasions I have had my tree strand slip on some hard bark. Man, was I glad that piece of rope had me anchored to that tree!!! 

Now here is a truth I am not proud of . . . in my hurry to get up a tree to hunt, I have not hooked up. I did that a few times and then it happened!!! 

My stand slipped. It slipped only a foot or so.  But trust me, it was enough and my safety strap was hooked to the tree.
(Terry L)

Action Point
Our walk through this life can be as dangerous as a tree stand. In the blink of an eye a Christian can fall!!! 

As we go through life, we need to be connected to our Anchor, Jesus Christ. Because you are a Christian doesn't mean you are safe!!! It just means you KNOW where to seek safety. But just like your safety harness and tie off you leave in your truck, it won't do you any good if you don't use it. 

Each day you need to put on the armor of God so you can move safely. Thank You Jesus for being our Anchor!!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Tree stand safety is nothing to play with or to gaff off. No deer is worth your life. Please always wear and use your safety equipment when hunting from a tree stand.