Tuesday, January 29, 2013








January 29, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Always Be That kind Of Friend  (Fred B)
Bible Study Verses
Proverbs 17:17  
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (NKJV)

Proverbs 18:24 
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a Friend Who sticks closer than a brother. (NKJV)

Thoughts
My trout fishing buddy Glen loves to catch Browns the most. On a recent outing, I fished upstream from him for awhile. He called me down to "fish below me in that run. I couldn't get a bite there." So, I did, and on my first cast, caught a 16' German brown with brilliant colors! Yes, I felt bad looking at that Brown. But he came down stream, and went wild, excited for me/with me, over my small stream trophy.

Now, that's a friend, just like Solomon described. May I always be that kind of friend to Glen, and to everyone--both in the outdoors, and in all of life.   
(Fred B) 

Action Point
Solomon wrote that someone close to you loves you, and will stay with you during times of trouble, opposition, crowding. And there are even some friends who are joined with you closer than your blood-kin. The man who is excited when you kill the biggest deer or catch the biggest trout of the day. Those friends, brothers are few and far between. They are gifts from God!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
  1. Don't crowd other fishermen as they fish, especially on a stream. Be courteous and give other folks a wide berth.
  2. Show a younger or beginner fisherman how to fish riffles, runs, etc. When you spot a trout, don't catch him. Instead bring them down and let them catch him.