Saturday, January 19, 2013















January 18, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . He Started To Doubt and He Began To . . . .  (MQ)
Bible Study Verses  
Matthew 14:27-31 
But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid." Peter said to Him, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." And He  said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and *said to him, " You of little faith, why did you doubt?" (NASB)

Thoughts
Have you ever had one of those moments when you had a great idea, took off with it, only to start to doubt it a short time later? I know I have. I don't know how many times I have had great ideas or plans about hunting, then I begin to doubt myself and never follow through with them. 

Just this year I was having an extremely slow morning while deer hunting during the rut. Nothing was moving so I thought maybe I should slowly move through the woods and see if I could intercept cruising deer. I tried this tactic two years ago and I shot a beautiful 8 pointer that was chasing does. 

I went about 100 yards when I started to second guess myself so I sat down for a moment to think. The next thing I know, two deer came running down the ridge in front of me. I heard a buck grunting so I started calling. I had a young buck walk straight into me. Was he a wall hanger, no. But, it was the first deer I have ever called in!! He blessed me that day!!!
(Terry L)
  
Action Point
The Apostle Peter sometimes gets a bad rap. But, I really can relate to him. I have messed up more times than I can count. I love this piece of scripture because I can really feel for Peter. Out of the 12, he was the only one who had the courage to step out of the boat. 

Oh how I wish I always had the courage to answer His call. As Peter walked his faith was shaken, he started to doubt and he began to sink. But like a good disciple he called out to the Lord for help and like a loving shepherd Jesus was there to help him up. 

We need to have the courage to answer our Lords call. We need to walk with the same faith that Peter had. When in trouble, we need to call on our Lord. Take courage it is He. He is always there waiting to offer us a hand up.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
It is always good to have a plan when you go hunting. But, also, be flexible enough to adapt to changing conditions.