Monday, January 21, 2013















January 21, 2013

Today's Photograph . . . . Whatever Is Out There Will Be Spectacular   (MQ)
Martin   Luther   King,   Jr's   Birthday  

Bible Study Verse
Ecclesiastes 3:11 
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (NIV) 
 
Thoughts 
Sleeping "under the stars." It doesn't get any better than that. It's always a treat to see a shooting star or two before falling to sleep. 
 
A few years back, I was in northwestern AZ on a desert bighorn sheep hunt with some friends. In the middle of the night I had to get up for a few minutes. You young guys will appreciate this fact more as you approach my age. Anyway, when I crawled back into my sleeping bag, I had the pleasure of watching some thirty shooting stars in about ten minutes. I don't know if it was a meteor shower or what, I just know it was spectacular.
Now for my real point here. As a child, sometimes as an adult, and maybe while watching shooting stars, I've wondered what is at the outer edge of the universe. I mean, is there a wall, maybe a hedgerow, or what. What is on the other side? It's then that I have to remind myself that I am a creature with finite thinking and perspective. It's obviously impossible for me to know or fathom what I'm seeing. I do know that it's really beautiful and that it was created for my pleasure. 
(Cliff S)
Action Point 
God made everything there is on Earth, and He made all things beautiful. Even some of those things that make us go, "Yuck". When you take a closer look, they are really intricate and spectacular in their own way. 
 
God also set in the heart of every human being that's ever lived, a yearning for and thoughts of eternity. Because of what God has put in our hearts, we instinctively know that there is more to life than just this time on Earth. But, God also made us finite creatures that are only capable of thinking in finite terms.
God is infinite. God has no beginning or end, and I can't understand that. I just know that it's true. Therefore, I put my faith and trust in Him. I trust that whatever eternity with God will be like and whatever is out there at the edge of the universe, it will be spectacular.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
If you want a really good look at the moon or stars, grab your spotting scope and take a look. It is absolutely beautiful. Be sure to show the kids. As the earth and moon move, the scope will have to be moved to keep it on whatever you're looking at. It's a good way to illustrate to the kids that we're not standing still.