Saturday, January 19, 2013















January 19, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Are Only Forgiven  (Raymond R)
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 22:18-21
But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Show Me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought Him a denarius,  and He asked them,  "Whose image is this? And whose inscription?" "Caesar's," they replied. Then He said to them, "So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." (NIV)

Thoughts
I can make a variety of mistakes in the field if you give me enough time! I'll walk to fast and jump up my quarry. I won't pay attention to the wind and before I know it it'll be blowing down my neck. It takes a conscious effort to keep all the rules of hunting in order to make a successful hunt.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Back at the time Jesus walked the earth, the Pharisees were out to get Him to say the least. They were "experts" in God's Law, master lawyers so to speak. They tried their hardest to catch and convict Him of doing anything wrong, to no avail.

If you spend 15 minutes around me, much less a day, you will find that I will do something wrong. You won't even need an attorney to catch me at it, just ask my wife!!! I am not perfect although Jesus whom we try to imitate, is.

The scripture tells us, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus," Romans 3:23-24 (NIV). God knows that we will never stand up to His son, but He loves us so much that we are made perfect by His Grace if we have accepted Him as Lord and Savior and have repented for our sins. To coin a phrase, "We are not perfect, only forgiven."

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
I think wind direction is the most critical thing for me as a hunter whether I have a bow or rifle in hand. I am always checking it especially as it starts to warm up in the morning and change direction. Using a commercial powder is cheap and easy to come by in most hunting outlets or make your own out of unscented talcum powder, baking powder, corn starch, etc. If its homemade, try it at home before you go in the field.