Sunday, January 27, 2013
















January 27, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . .What If It Meant Being Closer To God   (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses  
Philippians 3: 7-9 
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for Whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. (NIV)

Thoughts
The apostle Paul does not mix words. Read the above verse again. Considering how materialistic we are today, myself included, how much closer to Christ would we be with Paul's truth? 

Our wealth should be Jesus Christ. For in the end, He is, has and will always out last anything. He is everything. Honestly, if we would give up half the belongings we have attained in this world (or more) would we really miss them? What if it meant being closer to God? 

As an only child I can tell you that we become selfish in this world and to what end. We cannot take any of it with us. NOT any of it!!
(Jim C)

Action Point
Earlier this year, I did a little house cleaning. I went through a lot of my stuff and donated or sold some items off to people. It was liberating! I still have too much!!  Sometimes I feel like they are speed bumps in the way to the fast lane with Jesus!!!  

I use the think, the more I had the more I had accomplished. Now I feel that stuff gets in the way. To have all you want is not always to have all you need!!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Weather plays a big part in the success of a waterfowler's hunt. When conditions get ugly with snow, sleet or rain, get ready friends for the birds are going to fly!