Sunday, October 21, 2012












October 21, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . There . . . .  Is . . . .  Something . . . . Wrong . . . . When We Proclaim Jesus As Lord and We Pursue Everything or Anything Else Above Him   (Ruben C)
Bible Study Verse
Luke 9:23 - 26
Then He said to them all: "Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for Me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?  Whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when He comes in His glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. (NIV)

Thoughts
I have a weakness; a desire to hunt. Okay, so it's not so uncommon given the audience. 

But, I desire to hunt all the time. I think about it constantly. I want to hunt caribou in Alaska and I want to hunt elk in New Mexico (and Arizona where I live of course), and desert muleys close to home. 

I, also, want a new stock for my rifle. A collapsible Blackhawk Axiom in desert shadow camouflage. I want a new bow too . . . I want it all!!! These thoughts have a tendency to consume me.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
We live in a society that says it's okay to get everything I want. Most of us will say it's okay to get some of the things I want. 

Jesus says, "Deny yourself" to a radical point. Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with the pursuit of game. There is something wrong though when we proclaim Jesus as Lord and we pursue everything or anything else above Him. 

If we have the mindset that we must have something because "we deserve it" or because "so-in-so has one, so I want one" etc, be careful.  "Jesus said to His followers, 'If anyone wants to be My follower, he must forget about himself. He must take up his cross and follow Me,' " Matthew 16:24 (NLV). If this is a challenge for you then have faith my friends, you are human for Jesus, also, promises us, "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own," Matthew 6:31-33 (NIV). Nuff said. 

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Although I'd love to have the rifle stock mentioned above, mine is fine. It's also got a nifty camo job courtesy of yours truly. While perusing EBay the other day I found a whole slew of inexpensive fiberglass stocks for my rifle that with a good camo paint job would rival some $200+ ones out there. Check it out for yourself if you're shopping for a replacement stock. Be careful and check seller ratings though for reputable vendors.