Wednesday, October 3, 2012












October 3, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Sharing The Gospel and The Good News With Those Who Need Hope  (PC GC CA) 
Bible Study Verses
Philipians 3:20-22  
But our citizenship is in Heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body.(NIV) 

Thoughts
Recently, we were finishing up a backpacking trip at Pukaskwa National Park in Canada along the shores of Lake Superior. It's a beautiful place with a rugged coastline and some pretty spectacular views. 

As we neared the end of our trip, one of my younger daughters said to me, "I want to go home, but I don't want to leave this place either."  Her comment struck me as one that many of us as Christians think but never say in regards to our spiritual home - Heaven.  I want to go there, but I don't really want to leave . . . 
 
We are only here for a short time. We've been given a mission:  go and make disciples. 

I'm not sure of your experience as a believer, but ever since accepting Christ as my Savior, this has been much of my life's mission:  sharing the gospel and the good news with those who need hope. 

Sometimes, I find myself so focused on the here and now and trying to reach others, that I lose sight of the fact that this is not my home. There is an eternal destiny that I am headed towards, Heaven.
(Dave M)

Action Point
God has certainly given us a commission with our time here on this Earth, but we are not to lose sight of the fact that our time will continue on in Heaven with Him. As much as we love and appreciate the kingdom that God has created and left for us to operate in, we must keep in mind that our destiny lies before us. 

I truly believe that we have only been given a glimpse through scripture of what Heaven is going to be like. If we really knew what Heaven was like, I believe it would be much easier for us to "long" for our eternal home. 

So, press on in the faith today . . . keep making a difference and reaching out to those you come into contact with, but remember - this place is not your home!!! 

God has a plan and a place for you in the future, and it'll be beyond our comprehension! Spend some time today searching the scriptures on Heaven.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Most accidents in hunting from a hanging tree stand occur in the last step getting into the blind or the first step getting out. Make sure to be conscious of this. If you place your tree pegs in a manner where you are stepping down into the blind, rather than stepping up, it'll make your transition into the blind much easier!!!