Monday, October 22, 2012














October 22, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Won't Be Very Beneficial If We're Only Partially Devoted To Him  (Ruben C) 
Bible Study Verses
I Kings 15:1-6 
In the eighteenth year of the reign of Jeroboam son of Nebat, Abijahbecame king of Judah,  and he reigned in Jerusalem three years. His mother's name was Maakah daughter of Abishalom. He
committed all the sins his father had done before him; his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his forefather had been. Nevertheless, for David's sake the Lord his God gave him a lamp in Jerusalem by raising up a son to succeed him and by making Jerusalem strong. For David had done what was right in the eyes of the Lord and had not failed to keep any of the Lord's commands all the days of his life-except in the case of Uriah the Hittite. (NIV)

Thoughts
As mentioned in other devotionals I've written, I love to hunt. Thing is, I don't get to hunt as much as I'd like. 

Every year when the hunts are over I'm left feeling like I could have or wished I could have gotten out a few more days. I could always have scouted several more days and taken a few more leave days to hunt. 

There's no substitute for preparation. As it is I feel fortunate to get out as much as I do. 
(Ruben C)
  
Action Point 
If I were more devoted to hunting I would be out in the field more, but I'm not. There are other priorities in my life that take precedence. Being married with kids can do that. It does not mean however that I do not love to hunt and have lots of fun while doing it. Hunting is just that kind of sport. As long as you're satisfied being in the field and have no high expectations, you're good-to-go, so to speak. 

A relationship with God like King Abijah had will not be very beneficial if we're only partially devoted to Him. 

God wants our whole heart and not just on Sunday. We have be living for Him every day "in season and out of season," II Timothy 4:2. Maybe that is a reminder for us hunters? 

God tells us we cannot serve two masters. Let God be your true anchor point and trust in Him. He will not disappoint.  

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
Preplanning . . . I like to plan my hunts a year in advance. Nowadays its even easier to save ground-truthing time using satellite or aerial mapping programs like Google Earth. Try it sometime and see if you don't discover some new big buck hide outs where you like to hunt.