Tuesday, October 9, 2012
















October 9, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Don't Be Like Me and Wait . . .  (Michael T) 
Bible Study Verses 
Psalm 91:1-2
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." (ESV)

Thoughts
Opening day of bow season in Michigan is October 1st. I sit here writing a devotional on opening day of bow season, and thinking about the fact that I haven't even practiced with my bow yet. I also realized that I have failed to check on my tree-stand and clean out some shooting lanes. I don't even know if my stand is still, well, standing. 

I've done nothing to prepare for this hunting season, except to go out on the first day of the season and purchase my hunting license. 
(Mike T)

Action Point
Life gets busy and sometimes it seems to pass us by. I just witnessed my oldest daughter go to her first school homecoming event with a date! (Even more reason to have been practicing.) 

My children are growing up before my very eyes and I haven't done all of the things that I want to do with them. Before long they will all be out of the house and living out the adventure that God has called them to. 

I can worry about them, or I can trust in Psalm 91:1-2 and know that those who dwell in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. What a great promise!!! 

Also, the Lord is coming back soon, so be prepared, and do the things that God has called you to do. Don't be like me and wait until the season starts to wait for Jesus to come back before you begin to worship, pray, love, serve, or sacrifice for our God who is our Almighty and All-Powerful King.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are late in getting out to your tree-stand and you haven't had the opportunity to check it out to make sure it is still safe to use. Go out and buy a portable pop-up blind it will afford you a safer option and gives you more flexibility and mobility in moving closer to where the deer are walking this season.