Wednesday, April 16, 2014













April 12, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . 
Must, In A Sense, Kill All My Selfish Desires and Take On All Of His Perfect Desires  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Revelation 14:13
Then I heard a voice from Heaven saying, "Write: The dead who die in the Lord from now on are blessed." "Yes," says the Spirit, "let them rest from their labors, for their works follow them!" (HCSB)

Thoughts
Yesss!! My last arrow struck the target in the same area as all my others. This group of arrows tells a story. If my arrows are all hitting the same spot, it means that my bow is tuned properly, and also that I can adjust my sights to make my bow shoot true. It is true that my works will follow me:
  • If I don't have my bow tuned properly, the arrow flight will be erratic;
  • If the bow is not sighted in properly, the arrows won't hit where I aim.
Life is the same way - I can try to hit the mark, but if my life is not tuned with God, I am doing useless works. God has a plan for my life. When my arrows hit their intended mark, I am excited; but when I am off, I worry.

God feels the same way. The Bible says, "And don't grieve God's Holy Spirit. You were sealed by Him for the day of redemption," Ephesians 4:30 "(HCSB). When you fail to hit the goal that God has set for you, He is disappointed. Not disappointed as a teacher, but He has a great heaviness and sorrow for our lives. Understand that He loves and cares for us much more than we even care for ourselves.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Just as I can adjust my archery equipment to find a better group and be in tune, my life must be adjusted also. I must align my sights to God's goal. My life must be tuned to Him in every way.

How do I do that? I surrender my will to His will every day. I must, in a sense, kill all my selfish desires, and take on all of His perfect desires. This is called crucifying the flesh. I can't expect perfection from my archery equipment if it is not in tune, and not being in tune will be shown.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
To determine if your bow is out of tune, try shooting your arrows through newspaper or butcher paper stretched tight on a frame from a distance of about six feet. You can find out how to "paper tune" at On Target Sportsman's Ministries website or Easton Archery website.