Tuesday, April 8, 2014

















April 5, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Creation Escape  (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Romans 8:19-22
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.  For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope  that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. (NIV)

Thoughts
Like many outdoorsmen, I find myself longing for opportunities to spend time in God's great outdoors. At this point, I probably have too many outdoor hobbies for my own good:
  • A fishing trip to Canada sounds great. 
  • Bow hunting for white tail, an adventure. 
  • A backpacking trip. 
  • Refreshing; turkey hunting in the Spring is a ball.
Each of these gives me a sense of freedom. When participating in any one of these passions, my heart comes alive.
(Dave M)

Action Point
I've often viewed these "creation escapes" as my way of getting back to the way things were intended to be - as they were in the Garden of Eden, pure perfection. However, God recently revealed this scripture passage to me.

Now, I realize that leaving my imperfect daily world to escape to the perfect outdoors is actually a fallacy. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, not only was sin brought into the world, affecting mankind, but a curse was also placed upon the land, actually preventing it from being fully pure and perfect.

I don't know how you look at it, but God's amazing creation, as it stands, is not perfection. I stand in awe just trying to imagine how great God and His pure creation must be in Heaven! 

We need to make sure we are careful to worship the Creator of the creation rather than the "creation escapes,", themselves.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Before heading out to the wild on your "creation escape," make sure to have your backpack prepared for the unexpected (snake bite kit, poison ivy or poison oak supplies...). You never know what you're going to run into!