Tuesday, April 8, 2014

















April 6, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Are Not Responsible For The Challenges The World Brings Our Way, But We ARE Responsible For How We Handle Them (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (NIV)

Thoughts
Deer hunting is a passion that has been passed on to the next generation of my family. One cold, Alabama December morning, while teaching my oldest son to hunt, a life lesson took place. 
 
A small spike buck came walking down the trail in an oak bottom we were hunting. We both sat absolutely still, yet the buck locked up at about 25 yards and looked right at us in our tree stand. He then slowly turned around without presenting my son (11 years old at the time) a clear shot. 
 
He looked at me with tears in his eyes and mouthed the words, "What happened? I didn't do anything wrong!"
(Brian C)

Action Point
We climbed down the tree, sat there in the woods together and talked about life for several hours. I shared with my son that sometimes we do everything "right", but life still gives us hardships. 
 
In this scripture, Jesus spoke to Christians in order to share that we are not responsible for the challenges the world brings our way. But, we are responsible for how we handle them. If we do that in the way that God leads us, we can relate to Jesus when he says, "I have overcome the world." 
 
Since that December day, my son has taken several nice deer. The valuable lessons we both learned about life that day have made us better men for God.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Be sure to always identify your target before squeezing off a round. Remember, you can never take your shot back once it has left the chamber.