Tuesday, April 29, 2014

























April 29, 2014   
 
Today's Photograph . . . . Ensure That They Can Enjoy Them For A Lifetime (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 22:32
And you shall not profane my holy name, that I may be sanctified among the people of Israel. I am the Lord who sanctifies you. (ESV)
 
Thoughts
One of the most important things that we learn as sportsmen is safety. No matter what type of sport we are participating in, there is usually an element of safety involved. Some of it is common-sense stuff, but most of the time there are safety components that should be learned. Someone taught you about safety in your particular sport. 
 
  • As a child, my dad taught me about gun safety:
  • Always treat a gun as if it were loaded;
  • Never point a gun at somebody;
  • Always be aware of what is beyond your intended target;
  • Never climb a stand with a loaded gun. 
The list goes on and on  . . . .

My education from my Dad went beyond sporting safety. He also took time to teach me spiritually. One of the things that he and my mother taught me was to never take the Lord's name in vain. It seems that we live in an age of ignorance when it comes to this principle. 
 
We, of course, have the normal secular culprits of television, radio, movies and other media that freely take the Lord's name in vain. But it seems we have a lot of "Christians" who freely throw God's name around without respect to its holiness. 
(Josh C)

Action Point
It should bother us when we hear God's Holy Name used in vain. Take time to educate your children about the holiness of God's name, and be bothered when you hear someone belittle it. There are a lot of other words that can go in place of His name as a common exclamation. Find one you like and use it instead.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
As you educate your youth in the sporting hobbies that you enjoy, pass on the safety tips that you have learned and practiced yourself. Ensure that they can enjoy them for a lifetime.