Tuesday, April 29, 2014













April 27, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . My Poor Man's Steak (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Jeremiah 15:16
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
One day, one of my mentors asked me about my favorite meal. I began to share with him how much I enjoy a juicy steak at camp, hot wings and cheese enchiladas. He could see how excited I was getting just thinking about these meals and how I was going to have one of them for lunch that day. I even told him how far out of the way I will drive for that perfect steak and my favorite wings joint.

He then proceeded to ask how far out of the way I go to eat up God's Word; how excited do I get to spend time with the Creator? Ouch!!!! 
 
He threw me a curve ball. I have never forgotten that moment in my life and wanted to pass it along to you today. 
(Glen D)

Action Point
Is God and His Word my joy and heart's delight? I am reminded that I bear the name of the Lord. How much more important is this than some meal that will only satisfy for a short period of time and then the urge to eat comes right back in a few hours. 
 
Rest today in Him and His Word; and find joy and delight in bearing the name of the Lord God Almighty!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Wear a hat!