Sunday, April 20, 2014












April 16, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Will Anyone Be In Heaven Because Of You  (NPS)
Bible Study Verses
John 4:34-35
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of Him Who sent me and to finish His work. Don't you have a saying, 'It's still four months until harvest?' I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest." (NIV)

Thoughts
The first year that I hunted elk, I had a lot to learn. I'm glad my friend, Larry, had the patience to teach me a few things.

On my first day hunting with Larry, he asked me where I was going in such a hurry. He said, "You're not on your way to your deer stand, we're hunting. Slow down, stop occasionally, and LOOK around. Elk can show up at any time in any place. They can cover a lot of ground in a short period of time.

He was right! Eight bulls showed up out of nowhere about 200 yards in front of us. Unfortunately, I only had a cow tag. After that encounter, I understood what Larry meant about hunting elk.

God also want us to be looking--that is, looking for the lost. He doesn't want us in a hurry, focused on the ground (world) in front of us. He tells us to "open our eyes" and look because the harvest is ripe.
(Tom L)

Action Point
My pastor's question hit me between the eyes: "Will anyone be in Heaven because of you?"

I think we miss too many opportunities that are right in front of us. Pray daily for the Holy Spirit's leading. Let us not wait for the harvest. The harvest is ripe right now!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
A good range finder is critical when hunting in the mountains. It is hard to judge distances when the topography has so much relief.