Wednesday, April 16, 2014













April 14, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . God Has The Standard To Which We Must Align Ourselves, and Everything Else Will Fall Into Place (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Matthew 6:33 
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. (HCSB)
 
Thoughts
I'm sure you've heard practice makes perfect, but that isn't always the case. If I practice using wrong form or bad follow- through when I am shooting, it won't matter if I shoot ten or a hundred shots, I won't get any better.

In archery, there is a term called "punching the trigger," which describes what many archers do that is a shot-killing No-No. "Punching the trigger" is similar to how you shoot a shotgun. With a rifle, you squeeze the trigger; but if you use a bow with a mechanical release, you should pull through the trigger. 
 
I may shoot repeatedly, until I am so tired I can't even hold the bow; but if I have been "punching the trigger," I will have been inconsistent with my shots. My cure for my archery shot is to set close to the target, then close my eyes and practice the perfect shot. At this point, my shooting is not about aiming, but getting a sense that my form is right. 
(Dennis W)

Action Point
I struggle in my life, trying to get everything right - juggling work, family, bills, to-do lists - and I am not being consistent in my life with God. So, In my spiritual life, when I just can't get everything right, I must stop, close my eyes and make sure my form is right. 
 
God has the standard to which we must align ourselves, and everything else will fall into place.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If your arrows are flying erratically, first, take them to a pro shop and try a new string. Do this now, in early Spring to make sure all the kinks are worked out. Next, get your pro shop technician to give your bow a good tuning. Lastly, work on your memory--that is, muscle memory. Set up about six feet from a target, close your eyes and shoot, concentrating only on your form.